Glebe Little offers a Spring “House League” and a Travel Ball (Competitive Prep) program to boys and girls in our catchment area. Visit the Where We Play page to see a map of our zone.
Spring “House League”
Registration for Spring is now open. Our biggest and most popular program, the spring house league, begins in May and for most divisions runs until the end of June. Big League (the oldest division) runs until early August. Teams play a 10-12 game schedule and there are playoffs in every division except T-Ball and Rookies. Every player receives a team shirt and ball cap.
The goal of spring ball is to provide a safe, fun, developmental environment for players, coaches and umpires. All players are assigned to a team – there are no “tryouts” – only sort out evaluations which help form fair and balanced teams as much as possible. Players are asked to attend one evaluation session so that their skill level can be assessed. Our programs are tiered into two levels at in some divisions.
|Division||Program Days||Early Bird Fee
by March 24
|T-Ball||Mondays & Wednesdays,
|Rookies||Tuesdays & Thursdays,
|Minor||Varies – 2 games/week (Tue/Thu) and 1 weekend practice||$170||$190|
|Major||Varies – 2 games/week (Mon/Wed/Fri) and 1 weekend practice||$170||$190|
|Junior||Varies – 2 games/week (Mon-Thu) and 1 weekend practice||$180||$200|
|Senior||Varies – 2 games/week (Mon-Thu) and 1 weekend practice||$180||$200|
|Big League||Varies – 2 games/week (Mon-Thu) and 1 weekend practice||$260||$260|
Click here to go to the Registration Page. If you would like to request that certain players (e.g. siblings or friends) play on the same team, please let the division convener know or email email@example.com after you have registered.
- – Baseball glove is required.
- – Running shoes are fine; some kids wear baseball cleats but they are definitely not required.
- – Athletic support (“cup”) is only required for those interested in playing catcher
- – GLL provides a few bats to each team. If players have their own, they are encouraged to bring them.
- – GLL provides a few batting helmets to each team. Again, if players have their own, they are encouraged to bring them.
- – GLL provides catching equipment for each team
- – For spring, a team t-shirt, baseball pants and baseball cap are included in your fees
Travel Ball Program (Spring Competitive Prep)
– Download 2017 Majors Travel Ball Program information
GLL offers Travel Ball (“All Star”) baseball teams in accordance Little League’s travel ball program which was initiated in 2015 and is designed to expand playing opportunities. The objective is to offer players a spring competitive program that runs concurrently with the house league program during the spring season.(May/June). Players who wish to continue in a competitive program in the summer season will try out for summer teams in June as usual.
Travel Ball Play
Teams will play on weekends. Specifics of the program will vary between divisions depending on available playing opportunities, availability of coaching and the objectives of the team. Rosters can be larger given that players may not be available for every game or tournament. League representatives work with each coach to determine the details for each team. In general, play will consist of:
- – Exhibition games with travel teams from other leagues (South Ottawa, Ottawa West, etc.) and other competitive teams in the area
- – 1-2 tournaments — some could be out of town
- – Dedicated practices
Players interested in trying out will be evaluated during regular April evaluation sessions. All players in the travel ball program are required to meet regular GLL boundary requirements (a map is on the Where We Play page) and must play spring baseball on a house league team. In early April all registered players in Major, Junior and Senior will receive an email from the division convener asking interested players to self identify.
What to do if you are interested
- – Register online asap for spring ball
- – Let your division convenor know that you wish to be assessed for travel ball
- – Attend the evaluation session for your division
- – Fee: Cost per player will be announced before registration opens; it includes up to two tournaments. Teams may collect a team fee to cover additional tournaments and other miscellaneous team costs.