Our Fall Ball program is all about fun and is open to girls and boys who reside or go to school in our catchment area. Visit the Where We Play page to see a map of our zone.
Everyone makes a team, the teams are as well-balanced as we volunteers can make them, and the emphasis is on: safety, fun, skill development, and lifelong love of the game, in exactly that order of priority. Players are encouraged to try all sorts of positions, regardless of previous experience and innate ability. Coaches, in turn, are encouraged to let the players try out as many positions as they want, and to bring them along – emphasizing an understanding and appreciation of the different positions, and the nurturing of increasing levels of confidence and skill in those positions. Where safety and personal confidence are at greatest stake – i.e., pitching and catching – the only exceptions are that no player is put into a game in those positions, until he/she has had adequate preparation in practice.
- – Baseball glove is required.
- – Running shoes are fine; cleats may not be ideal (they can catch on indoor turf).
- – Athletic support (“cup”) is only required for those interested in playing catcher
- – GLL provides a few bats to each team. If players have their own, they are encouraged to bring them.
- – GLL provides a few batting helmets to each team. Again, if players have their own, they are encouraged to bring them.
- – GLL provides catching equipment for each team
- – For Fall Ball, because sessions are for skills and practice, shirts/uniforms are not provided. Players wear their own athletic pants and shirts.