Minutes of GLL AGM – November 5, 2018
225 March Way Landsdowne, Ottawa
- The President welcomed GLL members to the 2018 AGM at 19H00.
- Sort Outs
- Coaches will be asked to evaluate players on their teams at the end of each season as input to Sort Outs in the following year.
- Winterball & FallBall coaches needed for GLL to operate in these seasons
- Winterball looks good for 2019
- Facilities at Ste Anne and Samuel Genest Schools reserved for Winter Skills Training. Ste Anne for Rookies; Samuel Genest for Minors 7 higher.
- Minors Player Development
- Proposal to move from One Practice, Two Games schedule to a Two Practices One Game schedule for Springball with one or more weekend tournaments to ensure minimum of 12 games played in Spring.
- Coach Mentoring
- New coaches will be encouraged to schedule joint practices with experienced mentor coaches at the beginning of each season.
- Rookies Division will adopt the Little League Coach Pitch program for 2019.
- There is a full set of practice plans for skills development available.
- SummerBall tryouts will be June 1st or earlier, likely in Gloucester
- The GLL Online Christmas store will be operational by December 1, 2018.
- For the 2019 season there will be no upward player movement between Divisions.
- Downward movement for safety reasons will be allowed, indeed encouraged.
- The following BoD positions were confirmed at the AGM:
- President Allan Martel
- VP Operations Eric Torunski
- Steve Fraser Director at large
- Camielle Lang Marketing
- Nadra Khan Apparel
- Scott Taylor Sponsorship and Volunteer Coordinator
- The Meeting ended at 21H00, as scheduled.
CLICK HERE for 2017 Glebe Little League Annual Meeting Minutes.