Resources for Coaches
- 2018 GLL Spring House League Rules
- Youth Coaching Kit
- Hitting Development Guide
- Pitching Development Guide
- Coaches Equipment Check list
- Little League Coach Checklist
- 2017 Spring House League Rules (2018 rules to be posted soon)
- 2017 Spring House League Team Handbook
Being a Coach for GLL
Win or lose, we believe that good coaching is one of the key ingredients for a good baseball experience for our players.
Glebe Little League is trying to find and develop the best coaches. If you have a positive attitude, good communication skills, and you are willing to learn and improve, we want to hear from you.
We need many coaches for our spring season. If you never coached before, we will let you know about coaching seminars that you can attend prior to the start of the spring seasons.
Glebe Little League will also organize some coaching event prior and during the baseball season to allow our coaches to meet and exchange about their coaching experience. If you are a new coach with Glebe Little League, we will do our best to provide you with support and advice.
Please review our Coaches Code of Conduct and note that you will be required to submit a police record check.
You can apply to be a head coach or assistant coach by this Coaching Application link.
Criminal Record Check
Coaches are required to obtain and provide a criminal records check. If you already have one (perhaps obtained through your role with another organization), please scan and forward a copy to email@example.com as of March 1.
If you do not already have a Police Records Check, this is the process:
- Go to the Ottawa Police Services website at www.ottawapolice.ca
- Scroll down and click on Download a Police Records Check Form for service with the vulnerable sector
- Download this Glebe Little League letter. The criminal records check is free with this letter.
- Take your completed Police Records Check form and the letter to the Ottawa Police Station
- Scan the receipt proving you have started the process and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When your approved form is mailed back to you (about eight weeks), please scan and email it to our Safety Officer at email@example.com.
If you have submitted a police check to Glebe Little League within the past three (3) years, you do not have to submit a new one so long as you have continuously volunteered. We will honour the balance of a police check from another organization, to the maximum of three (3) years, if you volunteered continuously there. If you are returning to volunteering after a break of any duration, or your records check is out of date, you will need to obtain a new police records check and submit it.